Yetman Court of Petty Sessions was created on 20 November 1874 under the provisions of s.17 of the Offenders Punishment and Justices Summary Jurisdiction Act of 1832 (3 Wil.IV No.3). (1) The first Acting Clerk of Petty Sessions was Constable Thomas Cameron.
The Yetman Court of Petty Sessions within the Inverell Petty Sessions District was abolished on 12 January 1979 under the provisions of the Justices Act, 1902 (Act No.27, 1902). Its records were removed to the Warialda Court of Petty Sessions under s.77(2) of the Courts of Petty Sessions (Civil Claims) Act, 1970 (Act No.11, 1970). (2)
1. NSW Government Gazette No.264, 24 November 1874, p.3500.
2. NSW Government Gazette No.3, 5 January 1979, p.19.