Feng, Ming, Dr
Sun, Chaojiao, Dr
Brief description The aims of this study are:
- to identify the variability and long term trends in the eastern Indian Ocean and in the Leeuwin Current system, and their relationships to climatic forcing, using historical data and models;
- to understand the dynamics of variability and long term trends;
- to project future changes in the Leeuwin Current system from available coupled climate models
- to develop the capability to downscale the relatively coarse products from climate models to the Leeuwin Current spatial scale (10 km); and
- with Node 2.3 to project the climate changes onto the continental shelf at smaller scales.
Observational data sets will be used to create models that achieve these aims.