This dataset contains historical readings for soil sensors within parks across the City of Melbourne, for calendar year 2022 (current year data data is here). The sensors take a variety of readings such as salinity, temperature and moisture. The units and readings are included within the data. This dataset can be joined to the soil sensor locations dataset using the site id column. This dataset contains a large number of records, to download only a particular sensor's readings see our attached guide on how to filter data.
Different readings taken (based on unit column):
- %VWC: Volumetric water content is a numerical measure of soil moisture. It is simply the ratio of water volume to soil volume.
- ºC: Temperature in degrees celsius.
- µS/cm: Salinity is the measure of the concentration of dissolved (soluble) salts in water from all sources. (microseimens per centimetre)
Note this dataset may not contain a reading for every sensor for every hour as the sensor devices might not have a reading for each value. There may be situations where no readings are reported for all sensors or only some readings are reported at a particular site.
Full descriptionSoil Sensor Readings - Historical data (2022) CSV
Soil Sensor Readings - Historical data (2022) JSON
Soil Sensor Readings - Historical data (2022) KML
Soil Sensor Readings - Historical data (2022) XLS
- URI : discover.data.vic.gov.au/dataset/soil-sensor-readings-historical-data-2022
- Local : 9577b0f4-ea6b-4aba-b813-ce0991d5d943