The School of Education at Western Sydney University prepares teachers and educators for 21st century schools, pre-schools and adult learning environments. We believe that the future of education is based on effectively engaging students and teachers in challenging and relevant learning through invigorating and networked communities of learners.
The School of Education has many research strengths, expressed through a variety of research programs. Some of these are centred in the School of Education, while a number are aligned with the Centre for Educational Research (CER).
Some of our key projects and programs of educational research, include:
- Programs of the Centre for Educational Research
(Globalisation and Educational Practice, Sustainability Education, Equity in Educational Outcomes)
- research in low SES communities
- research on the educational experiences of refugees
- other internationally focused research such as:
- early childhood education in low SES communities in Chile (the Futuro Infantil Hoy project);
- transnational knowledge exchange (such as in the Research Oriented School Engaged Teacher-researcher Education (ROSETE) program of research)
- youth transitions and high school completion