The inaugural meeting of the School of Business and Liberal Studies School Board of the Riverina College of Advanced Education (RCAE) was convened on 7 November 1975. (1) The Board was the principal academic body of the School of Business and Liberal Studies, and as such, reported directly to the College Board/Academic Board.
The membership of the School Board was elected by and from the members of the School, and numbered up to six members elected annually, plus the principal lecturers of the School. (2) The Dean of the School was the Presiding Officer of the School Board. The Board was required to meet at least three times each semester.
The terms of reference for the School Board included:
- the formulation of the academic policies of the School in relation to courses of study and other academic activities;
- consideration of proposals for new and revised courses of study and making recommendations on these courses to the Academic Board/College Board;
- the establishment of a Board of Examiners for the assessment, examination and determination of grades and appeals of students, after considering the recommendation of the examiners appointed by the School Board;
- advising and making recommendations on matters referred to it by the School Assembly, Academic Board, Dean, Principal or Council;
- establishment of sub-committees and delegation of powers to such sub-committees or persons as the Board sees fit;
- submission to the Academic/College Board the names of the students who have completed courses of study, together with recommendations as to the award which should be made in each case; and
- submission to the Academic/College Board the minutes of the School Board. (3)
The final meeting of the RCAE/RMIHE School of Business and Liberal Studies School Board was held on 16 October 1981. (4)
(1) Minutes of the inaugural meeting of the RCAE School of Business and Liberal Studies School Board, Meeting 1/75, 7 November 1975, p. 1.
(2) Agenda papers of the RCAE School of Business and Liberal Studies School Board, Meeting 1/80, 7 March 1980, p. 3.
(4) Minutes of the meeting of the RCAE School of Business and Liberal Studies School Board, Meeting 6/81, 16 October 1981.