The National Environmental Science Programme will assist decision-makers to understand, manage and conserve Australia’s environment by funding world-class biodiversity and climate science.
The Programme is delivered through the following research hubs and will extend the work of the previous National Environment Research Program (NERP):
- the Clean Air and Urban Landscapes Hub which will support environmental quality in urban areas w
- the Earth Systems Hub which will further our understanding of the drivers of Australia’s climate
- the Marine Biodiversity Hub which will research Australian oceans and marine environments, including temperate coastal water quality and marine species
- the Northern Australia Environmental Resources Hub which will support the sustainable development of our northern landscapes
- the Threatened Species Recovery Hub which will support the management of threats and improving recovery of threatened species
- the Tropical Water Quality Hub which will research coastal water quality and coastal management focused on the Great Barrier Reef and other tropical waters