Dookie Campus is Victoria's oldest agricultural college. It was one of four sites reserved in the Benalla district in 1875 for the purpose of an agricultural college and experimental farm. Clearing and fencing began in 1877, and Dookie Agricultural College commenced operation in 1886. Its association with the University of Melbourne began in 1910 when Bachelor of Agricultural Science students spent a year at Dookie as part of their degree studies. It is now part of the University's Faculty of Land and Food Resources.
The collection comprises approximately 1,000 items including photographs, certificates, examination papers, journals, correspondence, student notes, prospectuses and a small number of artefacts.