Bio-optical measurements (radiometry, spectral backscatter, attenuation, absorption) for particle and phytoplankton characterisation acquired during Australian Marine National Facility RV Investigator voyage IN2016_V01.
The biooptical package consisted of SeaBird 19plus CTD, Satlantic HyperOCR upwelling radiance and downwelling irradiance sensors, WetLabs ac-9, HobiLabs Hydroscat-6. At selected stations the bio-optical package was lowered to the depth of 240 m (or 20 m above the sea bottom if the depth was lower than 260 m) at 20 m/minute. The radiometric measurements were taken only during the day.
SeaBird CTD (4 Hz frequency):
- Upwelling radiance (Lu) - spectral
- Downwelling irradiance (Ed) – spectral
- Backscattering coefficient at 6 wavelengths (442, 488, 550, 589, 676, 850 nm)
- Fluorescence (550, 676 nm)
WetLabs ac-9 (2 Hz frequency)
- Light absorption coefficient at 9 wavelengths (412, 440, 488, 510, 532, 555, 650, 676, 715 nm)
- Light attenuation coefficient at 9 wavelengths (412, 440, 488, 510, 532, 555, 650, 676, 715 nm)
At some stations transmissometer data at 650 nm using the Wetlabs c-Star were collected.
Data type product(s) created: raw and calibrated data files were created on board, processed and quality controlled files (.dat and/or .csv) will be available by the end of 2016.
Owner of instrument: CSIRO
CTD data: units given in the header
Hydroscat data: bbp_HEOBI_all: all bbp in m^-1, slope unitless
Calibrated: depth in m, all bb in m^-1,all betabb sr^-1 m^-1
Radiometers: all Ed uW/cm^2/nm
All Lu uW/cm^2/nm/sr
Depth is always given in meters.
See the metadata file in the download for more information.