Dataset

Berrigurra carbon budget

Central Queensland University
John Rolfe ; Rajesh Jalota ; Jill Windle
Viewed: [[ro.stat.viewed]] Cited: [[ro.stat.cited]] Accessed: [[ro.stat.accessed]]
ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&rft_val_fmt=info%3Aofi%2Ffmt%3Akev%3Amtx%3Adc&rfr_id=info%3Asid%2FANDS&rft_id=https://figshare.com/articles/dataset/Berrigurra_carbon_budget/13458335&rft.title=Berrigurra carbon budget&rft.identifier=https://figshare.com/articles/dataset/Berrigurra_carbon_budget/13458335&rft.publisher=Central Queensland University&rft.description=The carbon estimates outlined below were taken from “Berrigurra” a cattle grazing property located approximately 27 km west of Blackwater. The property has a total area of 9323.45 hectares, of which about 7756 hectares (83%) has been cleared for grazing and established with improved pasture. The remaining 1567.80 hectares (17%) is uncleared and classified as remnant vegetation by the Department of Natural Resources and Mines.“Berrigurra” is located within the Brigalow Belt Bioregion and includes vegetationcategorised in 13 Regional Ecosystems.As the property included such a wide range of Regional Ecosystems (REs) it was decided to sample only six of the REs, (marked in bold in Table 1) and to apply the measurements from these sites to the other REs. At each RE one general area (site) was selected to be representative of the vegetation.Trees were measured in 200m2 rectangular plots called transects. 30 transects were laid out at each site. Each transect was 50 metres long and 4 metres wide, and all were laid in a north-south direction. All trees were measured in the first three transects. Dead trees, if encountered were included in the measurements. In the remaining transects, trees were measured until thirty trees of each major tree type had been measured and then, only the number of trees was counted in each transect. All trees and bushes over 1.8 metres were measured. It was assumed that trees and bushes lower than this height would be susceptible to fire and may have perished in the landscape.The stem circumference of each tree selected was measured at a height of 30 cm above the ground. From this measurement, the tree biomass was calculated using previously developed equations, which relate stem circumference, or in some cases, stem diameter, to total above-ground biomass.&rft.creator=John Rolfe &rft.creator=Rajesh Jalota &rft.creator=Jill Windle &rft.date=2002&rft_rights=CQUniversity General 1.0&rft_subject=Trees&rft_subject=Soils&rft_subject=Carbon content&rft_subject=Greenhouse effect&rft_subject=Central Queensland&rft_subject=Environment and Resource Economics&rft.type=dataset&rft.language=English Access the data

Licence & Rights:

view details

CQUniversity General 1.0

Access:

Other

Full description

The carbon estimates outlined below were taken from “Berrigurra” a cattle grazing property located approximately 27 km west of Blackwater. The property has a total area of 9323.45 hectares, of which about 7756 hectares (83%) has been cleared for grazing and established with improved pasture. The remaining 1567.80 hectares (17%) is uncleared and classified as remnant vegetation by the Department of Natural Resources and Mines.“Berrigurra” is located within the Brigalow Belt Bioregion and includes vegetationcategorised in 13 Regional Ecosystems.As the property included such a wide range of Regional Ecosystems (REs) it was decided to sample only six of the REs, (marked in bold in Table 1) and to apply the measurements from these sites to the other REs. At each RE one general area (site) was selected to be representative of the vegetation.Trees were measured in 200m2 rectangular plots called transects. 30 transects were laid out at each site. Each transect was 50 metres long and 4 metres wide, and all were laid in a north-south direction. All trees were measured in the first three transects. Dead trees, if encountered were included in the measurements. In the remaining transects, trees were measured until thirty trees of each major tree type had been measured and then, only the number of trees was counted in each transect. All trees and bushes over 1.8 metres were measured. It was assumed that trees and bushes lower than this height would be susceptible to fire and may have perished in the landscape.The stem circumference of each tree selected was measured at a height of 30 cm above the ground. From this measurement, the tree biomass was calculated using previously developed equations, which relate stem circumference, or in some cases, stem diameter, to total above-ground biomass.

Issued: 2002-1-1

Created: 2021-01-15

Click to explore relationships graph
Subjects

User Contributed Tags    

Login to tag this record with meaningful keywords to make it easier to discover