The Australian Water Research and Development Coalition (2007-2015) was formed in recognition of the benefits of coordination across those organisations responsible for brokering R&D knowledge in the urban water sector. The philosophy of the AWRDC was to deliver the best value for money R&D for the Australian urban water sector, in relation to efficiency of undertaking priority R&D, limiting duplication of research and improving the effectiveness of translating R&D outcomes into practice for stakeholders.
The AWRDC’s founding members were:
- Australia Water Recycling Centre of Excellence
- National Water Commission
- National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia
- Water Quality Research Australia
- National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training
- Water Services Association of Australia
- Smart Water Fund
- Goyder Institute for Water Research
- Urban Water Security Research Alliance
All members shared a collective goal to improve and understand the R&D landscape and act as research knowledge brokers for the betterment of the urban water industry in Australia.