Health Data Australia is a national catalogue of Australian health data for researchers to discover and request access to data for their research.
Health Data Australia launched in July 2023, and we are continuously incorporating new datasets, features, and enhancements.
On Health Data Australia you can:
- search for clinical trial data
- find information about clinical trial data
- request access to data via a request form.
Health Data Australia is a catalogue of information about clinical trials datasets collected across Australia by universities, medical research institutes, clinical trials networks, and health services. You can also find information to better understand these datasets, such as study protocols and data dictionaries.
The data is held and managed by the organisations responsible for the clinical trials. You can use Health Data Australia to submit a data request to the data owner. Learn how to access the data.
Over the next 5 years, we will expand Health Data Australia to incorporate a wider array of data collections from different health research studies, as well as government and health service data.
We appreciate your feedback as we continue to grow the catalogue. Please contact us.
Share Your Clinical Trial Data
Clinical trialists and data custodians can use Health Data Australia to share clinical trial data according to standards designed by the Australian clinical trials community and fulfil data sharing requirements that come with public funding.
To learn more about sharing your clinical trial data via Health Data Australia, contact us.
Over 72 health research organisations from across Australia, organised into 9 nodes contribute to Health Data Australia. They are part of the HeSANDA initiative, coordinated by the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC), which began in 2021.
- The University of Melbourne (administering organisation)
- Austin Health
- BioGrid Australia
- Centre for Eye Research Australia
- Murdoch Children’s Research Institute & Royal Children’s Hospital
- Northern Health
- PeterMac Cancer Centre
- St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
- The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Western Health
- Deakin University (administering organisation)
- Australian Early Psychosis Collaborative Consortium
- Barwon Health
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University (administering organisation)
- Monash Partners
- Australasian Leukaemia and Lymphoma Group (ALLG) (administering organisation))
- Australian & New Zealand Children’s Haematology/Oncology Group (ANZCHOG))
- Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG))
- Australia and New Zealand Sarcoma Association (ANZSA))
- Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group (ANZGOG))
- Australian & New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer Trials Group (ANZUP))
- Breast Cancer Trials)
- Cancer Symptom Trials (CST) and Palliative Care Clinical Studies Collaborative (PaCCSC))
- Cooperative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology (COGNO))
- Melanoma and Skin Cancer Trials (MASC Trials))
- Primary Care Collaborative Cancer Clinical Trial Group (PC4))
- Psycho-oncology Co-operative Research Group (PoCoG))
- Thoracic Oncology Group of Australasia (TOGA))
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG))
- Menzies School of Health Research (administering organisation)
- Charles Darwin University
- Health Translation Queensland (administering organisation)
- Australasian Kidney Trials Network
- Brisbane Diamantina Health Partners
- Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service
- Central Queensland University
- Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service
- CSIRO’s Australian e-Health Research Centre
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- Mackay Hospital and Health Service
- Mater Misericordiae Ltd
- QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
- Queensland Government Department of Health
- Queensland Government Metro North Hospital and Health Services
- The University of Queensland
- Townsville Hospital and Health Service
- Tropical Australian Academic Health Centre Ltd
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University Southern Queensland
- MSouth Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) (administering organisation)
- Flinders University
- Health Translation SA
- NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre at The University of Sydney (administering organisation)
- Cardiovascular Centre of Excellence
- Digital Health CRC
- Institute for Musculoskeletal Health
- Institute of Bone and Joint Research
- Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
- Sydney Health Partners
- Sydney Local Health District
- The Brain and Mind Centre
- University of Sydney
- Westmead Applied Research Centre
- Westmead Institute for Medical Research
- Woolcock Institute for Medical Research
- Curtin University (administering organisation)
- Child and Adolescent Health Service
- Ear Science Institute Australia
- Edith Cowan University
- Government of Western Australia East Metropolitan Health Service
- Government of Western Australia North Metropolitan Health Service
- Government of Western Australia South Metropolitan Health Service
- Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research
- Institute of Respiratory Health
- Lions Eye Institute
- Murdoch University
- The University of Western Australia
- WA Country Health Service
HeSANDA is a national initiative of the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) and supported by the Australian Government through the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS).
Learn more about HeSANDA.