The University Archives, in compliance with the State Records Act 1998 (NSW), is the official repository for inactive University records having long-term administrative, legal, scientific, research or historical value. The archives may also include professional and personal records/manuscripts of members of the University staff, student organisations and the community, donated to the University for preservation and use.
The University Archives is responsible for:
- repository management of archival records
- appraisal of University records
- management of an archival records electronic control system
- maintaining access provisions to support efficient business operations and to ensure accountability
- preventative conservation.
The Western Sydney University has a unique and exciting collection of documents and memorabilia dating from the beginnings of the Hawkesbury Agricultural College in 1891 through to the present day.