This list was created the Public Transport Corporation (PTC) to provide access to rolling stock drawings and tracings within the PTC series system, now located in VPRS 3426.
The series contains records description lists and indexes for:
- PTC series 262 (locomotive tracings/drawings, see VPRS 3426 P1 and P7, units 1 to 5),
- PTC 263 ( carriage and van tracings, see VPRS 3426 P2 and P 7, units 6 to 7),
- PTC 264 (wagon tracings, see VPRS 3426 P4),
- Index to diesel locomotives drawings,
- index to Commeng trains ( see VPRS 3426 P 7),
- index to N car plans,
- Drawing indexes 1 to 12,
- Drawing indexes A to Z (see VPRS 3426 P7),
- Index to Southern Aurora trains,
- Index to Harris cars drawings, (see VPRS 3426 P7),
- Carriage and wagon plans microfilmed and digitised.
These records list the types of locomotive and where they can be located in the PTC series system. Most contain a reference to a PTC series and the unit number. Entries with no PTC series or unit reference numbers are usually arranged by alpha or number order within a broader category such as 'N Class'.
At the time of transfer the list for some PTC units did not exist. However, each plan within these units were individually listed in VPRS 3426.
These listings appear to be created by the Public Transport Corporation around the time of microfilming a selection of the records for business use.